Sunday, June 1, 2008


September 25, 1492
There have been signs of land in the past few weeks, but I am having a difficult time managing my crew. I fear that my crew does not like me and that I could possibly have a mutiny on my hands in a few weeks. Also, I feel that the captain of the Pinta, Martin Alonso Pinzon, cannot be trusted, although he is a skilled mariner. He is greedy and wants the honors and rewards for himself. I hope that he does not betray me for the glories of this enterprise. I am positive that without his support and without my command, I will not be able to reach the Indies and not get back to Spain. The seas are fairly calm and the masts are not blowing in the wind so time seems to go by very slowly here on the ship, but hopefully land is not far off in the distance.

No comments: